Are you Ready to Share The Power?
By accepting the Share the Power Challenge, you make a commitment to using no electricity or electrically-charged devices for a self-determined period of time and raise funds to help others in need.
Have you ever participated in a walk-a-thon to support a cause? Well, it is like that...except you don't have to walk! Simply decide when you will go without power and how much money you want to raise, share your commitment with friends, and power down.
Thousands of Marylanders live in homes that are dark and cold because their service has been terminated. As a result of living without power, these individuals and families are at an increased risk for home fires, homelessness, truancy, and illness. A single home without power in a community endangers the entire community. The Fuel Fund of Maryland strives to make sure all homes are connected to the life-sustaining energy too often taken for granted.
Our fundraising goal by the first day of spring (March 20th):
Need help in determining your personal Share the Power goal? Here is what it takes to change lives:
- $1000 immediately reconnects up to four families currently living without power!
- $500 Powers a home for a season for a senior citizen who needs to redirect limited income to medical bills.
- $250 Runs the refrigerator so that the family can eat healthy, fresh food and keep medicines safe.
- $100 Keeps a home safe by keeping lights on and temperatures livable.
- $50 Funds a community class on energy conservation and budgeting.
- $25 Makes sure the lights are on during those dark school nights when there is homework to be done.